Regarding the current coronavirus (COVID-19) situation we would like to take this opportunity to assure you that the well-being of our customers and staff members is our highest concern. We are taking every measure to remain working as normal and to our usual high-standard.
We are following government guidelines and ask that customers do not arrange or continue with face-to-face appointments with us if anyone at the property has returned from an area of risk (as categorised by the Government) in the last 14 days, or whether anyone at the property feels they have been exposed in any way to the virus and are showing symptoms of the virus such as a high temperature and a new, continuous cough.
Ken and Chris are currently continuing to visit properties for consultations and surveys, assuming the government-recommended questions have been answered satisfactorily. So far we are not aware of any reported cases of coronavirus from staff or customers, or any reported incidents, but as always we continue to maintain the highest possible hygiene and service standards.
As precautionary measures, our employees are following government recommendations to ensure the safety of all parties, such as asking certain checklist questions prior to any visit, posting updates on our website, Facebook pages and email correspondence, refraining from handshakes, wearing gloves, washing hands, surfaces and door handles more frequently.
If you wish to arrange a virtual meeting via Whatsapp instead of face-to-face, this can be arranged.
We would like to welcome the newest member of our team, Chris Wynn BA (Hons), who joins us as an Architectural Technician. Chris lives in Clevedon and is a graduate from Plymouth University, with experience in the self-build industry.
We are looking to hire an Architect/Architectural Designer.
JLS Design Services, based in Yatton in North Somerset, is a small but rapidly expanding business, devoted to providing a wide range of architectural services for planning and building control submissions. Some of the services we provide include property conversions, new builds, extensions and internal alterations. We seek a friendly team-player, who is passionate about architectural design, to join our team with an immediate start.
Responsibilities of the role
– Meeting and discussing projects with clients.
– Designing and producing working plans/specifications for submission to planning and building control.
– Demonstrate a sound knowledge of the planning process and building regulations.
– Strong technical knowledge of building detailing and modern construction materials.
– Confident communicator as interaction with other professionals, authorities and clients occurs frequently.
– Driving licence and own vehicle essential as business travel will be required.
– Ability to work on their own or as part of a team.
– Outstanding technical detail is essential.
– Salary dependent on qualifications and experience.
We would like to thank everyone who came to our Open Day, it was a great success and a lot of fun. Everyone who attended was entered into a free raffle, all of the winners have now been notified. Hope you got lucky!
Our Drawing Competition was fabulous, here are our winners: