We’re very proud to sponsor the Yatton Gators, the Yatton RFC under 7s rugby team. Aren’t they looking great in their new hoodies? Ken joined them for some photos. The North Somerset Times ran a story on it too (link below):
We’d like to continue to keep all our clients and staff safe, so we’re keeping our masks and social distancing when making client visits.
As always, you’re more than welcome to visit our office. We’ll meet you with our mask on, we’ll ask you to sanitise and we’ll do our best to maintain social distancing.
Thank you for your understanding.
We would like to welcome our new members of staff – Debbie, our part-time Accounts Administrator who has been working with us since the end of March this year. Rachel, our part-time Administrator started with JLS in April and Sue, our full-time Administrator joined the team a few weeks ago.
We’re looking for an Architect or Architectural Designer
JLS Design Services, based in Yatton in North Somerset, is a small but rapidly expanding business, devoted to providing a wide range of architectural services for planning and building control submissions. The services we provide include property conversions, new builds, extensions and internal alterations. We’re looking for a friendly team-player who is passionate about architectural design, to join our team with an immediate start.
Key responsibilities of the role
– Meeting and discussing projects with clients.
– Designing and producing working plans/specifications for submission to Planning and Building Control.
– You’ll have at least 5-10 years’ experience working within the architectural services industry.
– You’ll have worked on a wide range of residential projects.
– You can demonstrate a sound knowledge of the planning process and building regulations.
– You have strong technical Building Regulations and modern construction materials knowledge.
– You’re a confident AutoCAD user.
– You’re a confident communicator as interaction with other professionals, authorities and clients occurs frequently.
– You have a full driving licence and own a vehicle. This is essential as business travel will be required.
– You can work on your own or as part of a team.
- Salary dependent on qualifications and experience.
- Hours negotiable.
- Employed or self-employed basis.
- Flexible working hours
- Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
- Salary: £25,000.00-£40,000.00 per year
If you think you fit the bill, please email [email protected] and tell us a little about yourself.
If you would like a free consultation with one of our team we can offer the following :-
- Socially distanced site visits (preferably outdoors, whenever possible )
- Telephone Calls
- Virtual meetings
To book a site visit or a virtual online meeting then please call the office to arrange this.
At present only the two of us (Ken & Jackie) are continuing to work, but please
be patient with response times, as it is incredibly busy. In order to take
appropriate health precautions and follow Government Guidelines, no face to
face meetings are taking place. We sincerely hope that we can continue
providing an excellent service for our clients in such difficult and unsettling
times (albeit by email and/or telephone). Planning & Building Control
Departments are still working, with obvious restrictions. If you have any
queries, we are here and happy to respond to you as soon as we can.
If you have a new enquiry, please contact us, we can carry out a consultation
by telephone and provide you with a quotation. We look forward to hearing
We hope you all stay safe and well.
Best wishes from Ken & Jackie
We are pleased to let you all know that we can now accept all major debit and credit cards, only over the telephone for the present time.
In order to take appropriate health precautions and follow Government Guidelines – We have no face to face contact with any clients. Ken & I are working together, Chris – Architectural Technician is working from home and our administration staff are not currently working. We are continuing to work, but please be patient with response times. We sincerely hope that we can continue providing a good service for our existing clients in such difficult and unsettling times. As far as we are aware Planning & Building Control Departments are still functioning, with obvious restrictions. If any of you have any queries, we are here and happy to hear from you. We hope you all stay safe and healthy.