We are always on the lookout for enthusiastic Architects/Architectural Designers/Technicians. Please get in touch if…- You’ve worked on a wide range of residential projects.- You’re a confident AutoCAD user with outstanding technical detail.- You’re a confident communicator with clients and professional bodies alike.- You can demonstrate sound technological knowledge of building detailing and modern construction materials.- You fully understand the planning process and building regulations.- You’re comfortable working on your own or as part of a team.- You own a full driving licence and a vehicle for business travel.
Welcome to Martin Stone.Keen to draw on his creative talents and construction experience, Martin is excited to join JLS Design Services as an Architectural Technician.Martin has over 20 years experience in the construction industry; most recently as an Associate in a Consulting Engineering practice. During his time in Engineering, Martin achieved a BEng (Hons) degree in Civil Engineering and also passed his Professional qualifications.In his spare time, Martin enjoys spending time with his family, trying to keep up with his 3 school-age daughters.
We’re very proud to sponsor the Yatton Gators, the Yatton RFC under 7s rugby team. Aren’t they looking great in their new hoodies? Ken joined them for some photos. The North Somerset Times ran a story on it too (link below):
We’d like to continue to keep all our clients and staff safe, so we’re keeping our masks and social distancing when making client visits.
As always, you’re more than welcome to visit our office. We’ll meet you with our mask on, we’ll ask you to sanitise and we’ll do our best to maintain social distancing.
Thank you for your understanding.
We’re looking for an Architect or Architectural Designer
JLS Design Services, based in Yatton in North Somerset, is a small but rapidly expanding business, devoted to providing a wide range of architectural services for planning and building control submissions. The services we provide include property conversions, new builds, extensions and internal alterations. We’re looking for a friendly team-player who is passionate about architectural design, to join our team with an immediate start.
Key responsibilities of the role
– Meeting and discussing projects with clients.
– Designing and producing working plans/specifications for submission to Planning and Building Control.
– You’ll have at least 5-10 years’ experience working within the architectural services industry.
– You’ll have worked on a wide range of residential projects.
– You can demonstrate a sound knowledge of the planning process and building regulations.
– You have strong technical Building Regulations and modern construction materials knowledge.
– You’re a confident AutoCAD user.
– You’re a confident communicator as interaction with other professionals, authorities and clients occurs frequently.
– You have a full driving licence and own a vehicle. This is essential as business travel will be required.
– You can work on your own or as part of a team.
- Salary dependent on qualifications and experience.
- Hours negotiable.
- Employed or self-employed basis.
- Flexible working hours
- Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
- Salary: £25,000.00-£40,000.00 per year
If you think you fit the bill, please email email@example.com and tell us a little about yourself.
If you would like a free consultation with one of our team we can offer the following :-
- Socially distanced site visits (preferably outdoors, whenever possible )
- Telephone Calls
- Virtual meetings
To book a site visit or a virtual online meeting then please call the office to arrange this.
At present only the two of us (Ken & Jackie) are continuing to work, but please
be patient with response times, as it is incredibly busy. In order to take
appropriate health precautions and follow Government Guidelines, no face to
face meetings are taking place. We sincerely hope that we can continue
providing an excellent service for our clients in such difficult and unsettling
times (albeit by email and/or telephone). Planning & Building Control
Departments are still working, with obvious restrictions. If you have any
queries, we are here and happy to respond to you as soon as we can.
If you have a new enquiry, please contact us, we can carry out a consultation
by telephone and provide you with a quotation. We look forward to hearing
We hope you all stay safe and well.
Best wishes from Ken & Jackie
We are pleased to let you know that we can now accept payments from most major debit and credit cards, via telephone or in person.